Your facial hair shares some crucial similarities with the hair that is growing on top of your head. In order for you to grow a luscious and glorious beard, it is paramount that you keep it as clean and healthy as possible. That is why a good shampoo is vital for any man looking to grow their own beard. You simply cannot do without it.
Choosing the Best Beard Shampoo
As you probably already know, having your own beard is certainly more complicated than simply not shaving. There is a lot of care and grooming involved in the process of cultivating one’s facial hair. Here are a couple of things to look into before buying a beard shampoo.
- Do your research – Before buying anything, you need to look into the particular beard shampoo’s reputation. You also need to check its list of ingredients as you want to avoid any potential irritants
- Check for Natural Ingredients – More often than not, the ingredients used for a particular shampoo can make the difference between a good beard shampoo and a great one. As a rule of thumb, you need to ensure that your shampoo’s ingredients are as natural as possible. Synthetic materials can easily irritate your skin, making your beard itch as well. It can also make the hair dry and brittle. You certainly would not want that.
To be more precise, you should be on the lookout for Sodium laureth sulfate, Ammonium lauryl sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Formaldehyde, Diethanolamine (DEA) and Triethanolamine (TEA). Some brands are even known to contain propylene glycol. If you think that sounds somewhat familiar, it’s because propylene glycol also goes by the label antifreeze (for your car).
- Checking the Certifications – Certifications are vital as it is your only guarantee that a product is safe to use on the human body. That being said, it is vital that the product you use passes all the necessary tests with flying colors. We included this in the list because you would not believe the number of products that slip through the cracks. So, before purchasing a beard shampoo, make sure that it is safe to use first. Otherwise, you are putting yourself and your face at risk.
- Examining the Package – The type of packaging used for any product can go a long way in terms of affecting its potency and preserving its shelf life. Make sure that you look at the packaging closely.
- Comparing the Prices – This is a very practical matter and it is one that you should never neglect. It is vital that you make a list of the particular brands you are looking to buy and look at their prices side-by-side. After all, you want to ensure that you get your money’s worth. So, make sure that you take your time before choosing the one that gives you the best value for your money.
This article provides readers with a basic guide to choosing their own beard shampoo. It presents all the criteria that you must take into proper consideration.