When it comes to personal style, there is but one rule: nothing is permanent. Fads come and go. Yet, one way or another, what was considered unattractive will become popular again albeit in a different form. The same could be said about men’s facial hair.
One of the most popular beard styles is the hipster beard. This particular style of facial hair growth is made distinct by its full body and seemingly unkempt appearance. This article seeks to give readers a few useful tips on how to grow one of their own.
Vital Steps to Growing Your Own Hipster Beard
Growing a beard is often easier said than done. Most people think it is just a matter of not shaving at all. Unfortunately, it is not that simple. After all, you want your beard to look good. Listed below are the general steps you need to follow so that you can have a glorious hipster beard of your own.
- Stop shaving -This should be a no brainer. After all, it is the basic principle of having a beard. Yet, in spite of its simplicity, people still insist on breaking this cardinal rule. More often than not, this is caused by being overenthusiastic. As soon as they see significant growth, they would decide to trim it in order to shape the beard. However, contrary to their expected results, the beard would end up looking uneven.
- Shampoo and conditioner – Keep in mind that your beard is more or less the same type of hair that grows on top of your head. That being said, in order to ensure that it is kept healthy, you must put shampoo and conditioner on it whenever you can. We highly recommend that you integrate this into your daily bathroom habit. Doing so would also help with the itch that has become associated with your beard.
- Taking Vitamins and Supplements – As we said, growing a beard is more complicated than simply neglecting to shave. Supplements and vitamins become especially useful if you are having a hard time reaching significant facial hair growth.
- Groom Regularly – As your beard starts to come in, it would be especially useful if you groomed it regularly. Keep in mind that the difference between a hipster beard and a hobo look is a fine line.
- Go to a Professional Stylist – One of the most common mistakes men make is that they assume that they can style their beard all on their own. Unfortunately, it is a job that is best handled by a barber with extensive experience. Make sure to let them know what you want and what style you are trying to achieve. This way they can shape your beard properly in a way that highlights the positive features of your face.
For the longest time, beards have been out of fashion. People have been going for a clean cut look. Yet, in recent years, facial hair has made a formidable comeback. It has once again entered the realm of popular culture.